Here we would like to give a succinct description of the facilities available to guests with disabilities at Woodovis Park. We want to ensure you have an enjoyable, relaxing holiday. If at any time you require extra assistance, whether in planning your visit or while you’re here, please don’t hesitate to ask any of our team. You can call us on 01822 832968 or email email@example.com.
Current facilities and services offered
- There is a wealth of information on this website, but if you can’t find out what you need to know, please contact us.
- We can post a copy of our brochure and a copy of this access statement to you.
- You can download our brochure here.
- You can download our tariff page here.
- Contact us by telephone, we can accept Next Generation Text Service calls of all types,
Type & Read (you can’t hear and don’t use your voice),
Speak & Read (you can’t hear but do use your voice),
Type & Hear (you can hear but don’t use your voice)
or Speak & Hear (if you have some hearing and do use your voice)..
- Book using any of the above, or online here.
- We have a wheelchair which we can let you use for the duration of your holiday. Please ask when booking to check availability.
- We have a mobility scooter which we can let you use for the duration of your holiday. Please ask when booking to check availability. Full instruction will be given if you are new to this.
- Woodovis Park is not easily accessible by public transport. It is 4 miles from Tavistock which is the nearest town or shops.
- Supermarkets will deliver goods directly to Woodovis Park if you order online.
- Tavistock is 4 miles away and has a shop-mobility scheme.
- Plymouth is 18 miles away and has a shop-mobility scheme.
Arrival & car parking facilities
- There is a designated disabled parking bay in the main car park, but you can park right outside reception.
- All of our holiday homes, touring and tent pitches and glamping pods have car parking right next to them.
- All roads within the park are made of gravel and are gently sloping, with no kerbs.
- The driveway is half a mile long and made of tarmac, with kerbs and lay-bys. It is on a slight incline and there is one speed hump on it.
- There are no barriers at the entrance.
- On arrival there is a doorbell/intercom to ring for attention if reception’s closed. This is answered 24 hours a day.
- Should you require any assistance on arrival, please just ask, our team are always on hand to help.
- The reception entrance is level and you can park right at it.
- We have an induction loop system installed, please ask if you wish to use it.
- We can supply a pad and paper or reduce background noise on request.
- Reception is kept well lit and has a level floor all the way in.
- There is seating at the low level reception desk.
- We will accompany and assist you to your accommodation or pitch.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in reception. We provide a dog bowl of water for dogs and have an excellent dog walking and exercise area with dog waste bins. (Actually all dogs are greeted with a little welcome pack; a Boneo and a dog poo bag!)
Toilets and showers
- The building containing toilets and showers used by campers has a gently sloping ramp to the entrance doors, with a grab rail at each entrance.
- The toilets, showers and hand basins in the main block are well-appointed with shelves and coat hooks.
- One shower and toilet cubicle in both the gents and ladies has grab handles for extra assistance.
- The taps to the hand basins are push button.
- The taps to the showers are conventional turning ones.
- We also have an individual WC with hand basin close to the Tamar View Field which is completely accessible for wheelchair use, with ramped access and suitable support rails in situ.
- There is a designated disabled parking bay adjacent to the WC.
- We also have a toilet designated as a disabled facility in the swimming pool building which has a level entrance, is level throughout, and has suitable support rails in situ. This room also has a basin with lever tap and hot and cold water. There is a shelf area and coat hooks provided. A key can be provided so that this can be accessed when the swimming pool building is closed at nights.
- We have a portable raised toilet seat which can be borrowed if requested.
- We have a portable shower stool which can be borrowed if requested.
- The laundry has a gently sloping path to the door, with a grab rail at the entrance.
- Machines are front loading washers and driers.
- Assistance is available if requested.
- The shop, which is also reception, has a level entrance directly from the road.
- Assistance is always available.
- The indoor swimming pool has a gentle slope to the entrance.
- There are two changing rooms inside.
- Entry to the swimming pool itself is by step ladder.
- Entry to the spa pool is by sitting on the edge and swinging legs around to get in.
- There is a disabled WC as detailed above.
- All roads within the park are gravel and gently sloping.
- All areas are accessible without requiring negotiating any flights of steps.
- The park is well lit at night, with the main areas lit right throughout the night
Holiday Homes & Woodovis Cottage
- All holiday homes have a parking bay next to them.
- All holiday homes have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 steps with handrails up to the door.
- All televisions have remote control and teletext.
- If you need extra lighting please ask as the holiday homes do not have great task lighting, we have portable lamps we can provide for you.
- The flooring is a mixture of lino and fitted carpet.
- Some holiday homes have a gas fire for heating in the lounge area. If this is unsuitable we can provide a simple halogen heater for ease of use.
- Woodovis Cottage is split over three floors with stairs in-between.
- We can provide you with any of the following items to make your holiday home more accessible; daylight energy saving reading lamp, grab handles for the shower, a shower stool and a riser for the toilet. We also have a wheelchair and a mobility scooter that you can borrow subject to availability. Please be sure to ask when making your booking.
- All electric hook-up points are within 25m of the pitch. Super Pitches have their own electric hook-up, and water hook-up point as well as grey waste drainage.
- All water points are easily located around the park. You are never more than 100m from a water point. Super Pitches have their own tap.
- One of the chemical disposal points is on the end of the toilet block and has level access, the other near the Tamar View Field has just one step up.
- There are two dishwashing areas, one for each field. These have push taps on one and conventional turning taps on the other. One is indoor, one is under cover.
- Waste and recycle bins are located in two collection points. They are the extra large wheelie bins.
- Should you require a pitch close to the facilities, please just ask when making your booking, some pitches are quite close and can be reserved for you.
- There is parking right next to all of our glamping pods.
- Our standard Camping Pod has a wooden deck outside which is just one step up from the grass.
- The entrance door to the Camping Pod has a raised entrance of 12 cm.
- All our Super Pods have wooden decking outside, but have 2 or 3 steps up to it, with handrails.
- The glamping pods are a distance of 100m from the nearest toilet, which is fully disabled friendly.
- They are 200m to the shower block.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas. We do ask that dogs are kept on a lead at all times, except when in the dog exercise meadow.
- We get mostly good mobile telephone reception and WiFi is available throughout the park, with 30 minutes of free WiFi daily in the games room.
- Be sure to check out our Access for All page for more useful tips to make your holiday better.
Emergency number: ring the buzzer at the shop or ring 01822 832968. Both of these will be answered 24 hours a day. There is also 24 access to a public phone in the phone booth.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
Telephone: 01822 832968
Fax: 01822 832948
Grid reference: 439748
Hours of operation: Please call between 9am and 7.30pm
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve.
If you have any comments please phone 01822 832968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we are always keen to learn of more ways to help make your holiday better.